- Understand and apply the concepts underpinning sustainable buildings and thermal performance
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of solar passive design
- Demonstrate knowledge of key sustainable design techniques, including orientation and siting, zoning and layout, and thermal mass
- Identify common building elements for sustainable design, such as floor types and materials, windows and glazing, shading and eaves, convection and ventilation, insulation, and landscaping and vegetation
- Understand how to improve thermal performance through design
- Identify potential alterations, additions, and building defects
- Apply best practice principles to building design
Course Overview Module 1: Building Thermal Performance Module 2: Solar Passive Design Module 3: Orientation and Siting Module 4: Zoning and Layout Module 5: Thermal Mass Module 6: Common Building Elements Module 7: Floor Types and Materials Module 8: Windows and Glazing Module 9: Shading and Eaves Module 10: Convection and Ventilation Module 11: Insulation Module 12: Landscaping and Vegetation Module 13: Improving Thermal Performance Through Design Module 14: Alterations, Additions and Building Defects Summary
Michael is a multiple-award winning entrepreneur, international speaker and author. With qualifications in resource and environmental management, business and project management, Michael was instrumental in developing industry leading resources for thermal performance assessors for the Department of Climate Change. His career started by developing Australia's first biomass map and then with a move into project management, Michael worked extensively around the world developing standards to improve the practice of project managers.Michael has won Australian Business Awards in project management, innovation and sustainability. Michael’s work has been featured in BRW, the Australian Financial Review and Smart Company.Michael has edited two books and authored over 50 book chapters, academic and industry articles as well as dozens of blog posts on project, program and portfolio. He also regularly teaches at Universities in Australia and is a sought after speaker delivering keynote addresses both nationally and international. He was recently invited to the United Nations Headquarters to speak with business leaders around the world on improving sustainability in project managementHe is currently working with an international consortium to fund and deliver development projects in Costa Rica, Malaysia, Croatia and the Solomon Islands.
All Courses, NatHERS
Using FirstRate5 for NatHERS Assessments(1)
Firstrate5 software training is an extensive course containing over 80 videos. Don't waste your time attending a class in another city. Study online. Enrol now!